Academy Terms & Conditions
Courses are small in number so book in advance to secure your space. Registration is not confirmed until a deposit is received.
- Upon registration you confirm you understand the commitment of time required to complete the course including self practice and study as well as attending the course dates. You are expected to attend sessions regularly yourself in a classical studio and also practice your teaching on others.
- Enrolment closes online 48 hours prior to course start - any request after this to enrol will need to be made directly with the studio and may incur additional costs.
- By paying your deposit you are agreeing and committing to your training course however you have the right to cancel your enrolment within 14 days from sign up. After 14 days no deposit refund will be given.
- Cancellations: Refunds will not be given on course fees for change of mind or personal reasons such as work and travel commitments, weddings, birthdays, holidays, personal relocation or similar however requests made in writing will be considered for extenuating circumstances, which may impair the students ability to complete the course.
- Deferral requests: At the discretion of Pi. Requests must be made in writing at least 14 days before course start date. Transfer date must also be within a 12 month period from previously scheduled start date.
- Payment Plan/Payment Installments - If choosing to pay in installments the full course payment must be paid 14 days before the course start date.
- Courses should be completed within 6-18 months to ensure consistency of learning.
- Pi reserves the right to postpone and reschedule any course due to unforeseen circumstances but will endeavour to give you as much notice as possible and will take reasonable steps to ensure new dates set are convenient for you to attend. Pi will not be responsible for any travel/accommodation costs due to course cancellation/rescheduling.
- Manuals are provided as part of the course fees. Should replacements be needed however this would come with a fee (cost of printing).
- Suggested reading materials are not provided or included in the course fees.
- Practical test out dates and times are to be arranged via your teacher trainer and sessions must be attended. If you cannot make the agreed day and time an alternative must be arranged with the Studio/teacher trainer.
- If you are unsuccessful with any of your practical assessments on first attempt you will be given the opportunity to retake free of charge. However subsequent retakes will incur a charge.
- You must arrange a body/participant for your practical test out - either a colleague on your course or a friend/family member.
- Breaks will be given throughout the course for lunch and drink/toilet breaks.
- Refreshments are not provided on the course however there is a water machine on site and several shops, pubs, cafes nearby to purchase food and drinks.
- There are no shower facilities on site but we do have a changing room, lockers and toilets.
- Certificates will be provided only on completion of both written and practical test outs. Should replacement be needed this would come with a fee (cost of printing) unless happy with an email copy for free.
To be undertaken, recorded by you and arranged within an approved Classical Pilates Studio
Full Comp - 600 hours teaching, self practice and observation
Mat work - No formal apprenticeship however we advise a minimum of 20-30 hours practice before your test out.
Bridge - No formal apprenticeship however you may decide to undertake the apprenticeship hours at an approved Classical Pilates Studio.
- Apprenticeships: If you apply to apprentice at Pi and are accepted you can teach your friends and family free of charge. Timings must be agreed in advance. You are not permitted to practice with existing Pi clients. If you are asked to cover any classes or sessions at Pi whilst still an apprentice you will be paid a flat rate of £15 per hour. Clients pay the studio directly and the studio pays you upon receipt of monthly invoice.
- Apprenticeships hosted at other approved studios are subject to their terms and conditions.
- Test out fees: For those on bridge training the extra test outs that are not a requirement of the programme can be taken at a cost of £120 per test out and must be arranged with your host studio directly.
- Exclusivity and Copyright - Information provided in both verbal and written contexts are for the personal use of the student only. You must not provide any of the materials or content to anyone outside of the training course. The copyright of all the course material is the property of the course provider.
- Workshops enrolment closes online 48 hours prior to workshop date - any request after this to enrol will need to be made direct with the studio.
- You will be provided with a workshop certificate upon completion along with your Pi Studio continuing education credits.
General Code of Conduct
- No chewing gum, food, sugary or fizzy drinks near studio apparatus.
- Phone to be on silent and in bag/locker whilst the course is in process.
- Personal belongings are your responsibility and Pi will not be held responsible for any loss. We recommend storing items safely in one of our lockers.
- Wear suitable clothing for working out as well as sitting and listening.
- Please avoid wearing jewellery or clothing with zips or buttons as this can damage the apparatus.
- If you have a verruca or similar foot complaint you must wear socks in the studio.
- Please be punctual and respectful of our studio and of others on the course.
- On your first visit you will be required to complete and sign a health screening form and you must provide details to any yes answers given
- It is your responsibility to advise teachers if you feel unwell at any point whilst on the course and also if you have suffered any ,major operation, injury or illness before the course starts. Upon registration you will also be advised to complete and sign a health screening form and if needed gained clearance from your general practitioner to participate.
- You understand you will attend the Pi course, use the facilities and equipment at your own risk and will listen to instruction for advice on how to safely use apparatus.
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes before the course is due to start and allow time in your planned journey for travel/transport delays.
- Foul language and aggressive behaviour is not tolerated. Please respect our teachers, our studio and other clients.
- Any feedback or complaints please email us at: email@example.com